You may have noticed by now that I have been attempting to knit a pair of socks and it has been taking me a long time.
After wrapping up the body of a sock last night, I turned the heel this evening and went to pick up the stitches along the heel to continue. I got to the number that I was supposed to pick up and realized that I botched the sock below the body so bad that I had to frog it.
As if messing up the second sock wasn’t bad enough, I realized that something was missing from the other sock: the heel. I have no idea how I did the sock so wrong and didn’t realize it until I was reading back through the pattern and realized that I had read it wrong for both socks. The first sock doesn’t look terrible, but it does look funny and this also explains why the top scrunches a bit when I put it on.
So despite being decent at knitting so far, I have finally had an experience with something that has ended up not working out.
Despite my previous bitching, I will attempt socks again at some point. I just need a break and think I will stick with my bigger projects (by that I mean projects that use larger needles that I can hold onto a lot easier) like hats and scarves.